The purpose of Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture (PIHMA) is to educate and train students to be healing facilitators in the art, science and philosophy of acupuncture, herbal and Oriental medicine and other holistic healthcare fields.
PIHMA’s mission is to prepare students to meet the national and professional certification standards prescribed for the practice of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and other holistic helathcare fields.
PIHMA’s ongoing vision is:
• To promote higher standards in the practice of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and other holistic healthcare fields.
• To facilitate research and advance public awareness as to the benefits and usefulness of acupuncture, herbology, and other holistic healthcare fields.
• To provide community service through health clinics and other community projects.
• To promote the rights of acupuncturists to practice the Oriental arts and sciences as an independent practitioner
• The academic mission of Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture (PIHMA) is characterized by the pursuit of academic rigor and integrity, excellence in instruction, intellectual accomplishment and research. The academic environment fosters a collegial and cooperative learning community, respect for and appreciation of differing viewpoints, scholarship, and academic freedom.
• The teaching/learning process at PIHMA is designed to offer students opportunities to realize their fullest capabilities and potential. The learning atmosphere is conducive to the exchange of ideas while balancing academic tradition with innovation.
• Faculty bring their expertise, experience and professionalism to PIHMA to promote intellectual engagement and the attainment of program competencies. They are dedicated to PIHMA’s academic standards, the integrity of the academic function and the performance-based curriculum. Our faculty’s greatest achievement is to graduate highly professional, effective, and safe practitioners of Oriental medicine.
• Live the Medicine
• Serve Compassionately
• Act with Integrity
• Be Innovative
• Grow Thoughtfully
• Practice Gratitude
• Commit to Excellence